My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Friday, July 10, 2015

A New Door Poster For July



Hello!
A new door poster for my apartment door. This time I used another of Graphic 45's paper collections called "Home Sweet Home" - reminded me of my childhood in the 40's and 50's. I wanted to make something colorful and I love the red/blue/yellow combination.

My mother always wore a house dress and apron then - the standard housewife fashion. She also cooked and baked from scratch, canning and freezing our food. I did this also when I first married - made all my bread in addition to canning/freezing all of the fruits and vegetables. Made jam, even ketchup, sauces, etc. I think the only thing we bought was meat (from the farmer) that we put in the freezer and dairy and my husband was very much into hunting and fishing so I learned to prepare all of that too. Just what we did then - plus care for three children and a home. Things have changed so over the years.

Once again I forgot to take photos until after it was already on the door. This is getting to be worrisome as I also forget to take photos before I mail or give away the cards/projects!



It is another nice day here in the part of WI but the humidity is building again and very warm temperatures on the way. Storms on the way also for the weekend.. Wishing you a good weekend and some happy crafting! I want to finish the dress form and have photos of it to share on Monday. I am also working on some thank you cards that I want to finish this weekend. They have a bit of fussy cutting so will take me some time to finish them all.

Hugs,

Barbara

1 comment:

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your door poster. That paper is great.