My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day! - "Girls Rule" a Perfect Theme

Hello!

Happy Mother's Day! We have a beautiful sunny day here in this part of WI - a bit chilly, but the sunshine is wonderful! The current theme on Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog is "Girls Rule" and that is perfect for the day! I am entering this card in the challenge - but truthfully, it was for the last challenge of "April Showers" that I created this card, but I got behind again and missed it! So I guess it is still 'legit' and fits the current theme. :<) The digital image is "Charlie's Green Umbrella" and I have paper pieced the image and cut out the flowers. I am also entering the first photo in Cheryl's 'Show Me Thursday' blog at http://sassycheryls.blogspot.com/. Check it out and share your photo of what you are creating! For the challenge, http://sassycherylschallenge.blogspot.com/ is where all the great inspiration is.




Wishing you a happy Sunday! The flowering trees are so beautiful with the sunshine! Many are starting to prepare their gardens for planting, the tulips and daffodils are blooming and I am so happy that winter is over!

Barbara Diane

7 comments:

Linda said...

What a cute card
hugs Linda

jkreucher said...

WOW! Look at this adorable Sassy Charlie!! The paper piecing is wonderful! I know it takes a bit of time to do so many small areas this way~~ but is really worth it!
Cute as can be background with the clouds and rainbow pattern.
So glad you joined our Sassy Cheryl challenge this week!
Judy

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is brilliant - the image and the papers work perfectly
Lisa x

Sassy Cheryl said...

Hey. . . we all get behind, but this is PERFECT for the challenge. I love, love, love it Barbara. Super adorable and gorgeous Barbara.
Thanks for playing along with the Sassy Cheryl DT this week.

Rhonda Miller said...

This is such a cute card. I love the background paper and all the flowers.

Pat said...

Hi Barbara!!! Oh...I'm so glad you liked this week's challenge theme!! And, what a fabulous card you've created!! I absolutely love all the clouds and flowers...and, of course, Charlie is beyond adorable! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryl's! Hugs. Pat Frank

Ann English said...

Totally fits the theme! Just adorable---so glad you joined us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge.