My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Meet 'Shy' for Mo Manning Challenge


Hello!

Another unbelievably hot day today in this part of WI. It is to be 104 with a heat index of 110 - just too much! I am about to turn the air conditioning on already this early morning. Yesterday's storms passed us by again - more forecast for today and tomorrow but not much hope.

My card today is one that I have made for Mo Manning's challenge blog http://mosdigitalchallenge.blogspot.com/ where the new theme is "Anything Goes" and I have done my favorite paper painting or fussy cutting - whichever you are familiar with - and have also used Crystal Effects on the hearts of her dress and socks to give them some dimension. This cute little person is a digital image of Mo Manning's called 'Shy' and you can find her and many other wonderful creations at   http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/  



Thank you for stopping by today to visit my blog! I appreciate your visits so much and love to receive your kind comments and e-mails. I will not be back now until next week as family issues make it necessary for me to spend my days now addressing them. Between the heat and the continuing and seemingly never ending problems in certain areas of my life I am very weary. Wishing you all a very good rest of the week and a happy weekend!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

16 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is beautiful.. i love the paper piecing and green shades .
You take care Barbara .. and don't worry about commenting .. just keep cool!
Lisa x

Pat said...

Hi Barbara Diane!! What a sweet card! I just love this Mo image! Your DPs just tickle me! And your paper piecing is brilliant! Thanks so much for joining us this week a Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

Dorcas said...

Barbara, this is just precious! I'm glad you had the time to join us at Mo's this week. :)
ps) I hear ya on the heat, its stinkin hot here in NC too. Thank goodness for air conditining!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Sorry to be repetitive....but your paper piecing is out of this world!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute card. That image reminds me of my girls. TFS.

Linda said...

What a cute card, I love the paperpiercing, it's so beautiful.
hugs Linda

Katie said...

I love your card, the image is so cute! I'm sorry about the heat wave - we are having it here in Chicago too. It just stormed though, so I'm hoping that means the heat broke (but I haven't been brave enough to go outside and check it out yet!) I hope the heat wave ends soon in WI!

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card, it must have taken an age to plan and put together.
Kathleen x

Carole said...

Oh so adorable. Absolutely delightful. Sorry to hear you're weary with problems. Wishing you strength to endure and prosper.

Unknown said...

I love how you have coloured he and used the paper for her clothes , fabulous work Barbara well done Hugs Elaine

Elaine L. said...

How sweet this is! I love the paper-piecing you've done. Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

Duendes said...

Hello my dear,
Coming up your blog and enjoy your beautiful card for me is a great joy ....I love every its creation and I love every detail hope you're well and rest ...
I wish much peace and joy in your life.
hugs and blessings.

Duendes

Sue from Oregon said...

This little chicky is certainly color coordinated! Oh so sweet. I do hope things come together for you. My best to you my friend!

Angie said...

Thank you for your prayers for little Jake.
This card is absolutely gorgeous ...love the colours and the character. xx

Redanne said...

Sorry to hear of your weariness, hope things get better soon for you. Your card is stunning, I love the paper piecing you have done, it looks amazing (I love that expression - fussy cutting too). Thanks for your kind comments on my blog too. Anne x

Chicco said...

Hello Barbara,
Can i say one thing? Your cards are the best!! I love all the details!!!
Here it's so hot too, i hope it will rain soon because we're melting!
Have a nice sunday.
Woof, woof,

Chicco