My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Remembering


Hello,

Going through some old photo files this morning. I've been needing to update my PictureTrail gallery for a long time now so was looking at my photo files and took a side trip down memory lane looking at the file of when I created my Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs dolls. It took me over 2 months of 12-16 hour days to make the set of 8 dolls. I took this photo the day I completed Snow White. I was doing a lot of sculpting in the polymer clay and PaperClay at that time, in addition to the cloth (this set was made from wool felt), and my studio area looked very different than it does now. My dollmaking has been put aside for a long time now - my poor unfinished doll still sits there on my sewing table. Makes me want to start again.

Go to http://www.picturetrail.com/whimcees if you would like to see the photo file documenting the creation of this set of dolls. It was a lot of work but great fun to see them come to life. 


Thank you for stopping by today to visit my blog! We have cooler weather today in this part of WI with some lovely sunshine! Wishing you a good one!

Barbara Diane

3 comments:

Shirley said...

I just went and checked out the picture trail to this, and OMG, I am in AWE. What a project to tackle and what a fabulous job you did with it. Totally amazing.

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, she's lovely. I'm headed over to look now.

Linda said...

Wow you did a great job, what very beautiful is that
hugs Linda