My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Monday, February 6, 2012

A Very Sad Time

Hello,

A very sad time for Jim and I. Our good friend Andrew died on Saturday - he was only 28 years old. He was one of my kids to me and to Jim he was a brother. We have been praying so hard for him to recover and everything was done that could be done but he lost his fight to live. My heart is broken for him and for his mother Anna. No mother should have to watch her child die. I can't seem to get my mind around that I will never see him again - for Anna's pain there is no word to describe. What a tragic loss.

I will be back posting soon, but for now I am going to take a break. Jim and I have lost so may close friends this past 6 months - all suffered so much and the losses all so unexpected. Thank you for coming to visit my blog today. Give all your loved ones a hug today and tell them how much they mean to you - that opportunity can be lost so quickly.

Barbara Diane

8 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

So sorry to hear of the loss of your friends. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for his mother. I will keep her (and you) in my prayers.

Martina said...

I am so sorry to read this sad news and hearing about a young man, who died. And then you even had more losses in a short time....I am sending you my deepest sympathy!
Martina

Linda said...

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Take care of yourself.
hugs linda

Ann said...

so sorry for the loss of your friend. Sending hugs your way

Kylie said...

Oh hun, my heart is breaking with yours. Such a terrible loss of such a young life. Sending you big cyber hugs.

xoxoxo

Elizabeth Allan said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. Sending you a hug Barbara!

Auntie Em said...

I am so sorry to read of the loss of your close family friend. It is difficult enough to lose someone who is older but when they are such a young age it is so much harder.
May all of you find peace and comfort in the days to come.

Sue from Oregon said...

Barb I am so sorry to read of the loss of your dear friend. I recently lost a dear, dear friend too-and the sadness I feel everyday can be overwhelming at times. Sending you hugs.