My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Monday, January 16, 2012

Questionnaire Response to Question #2

A huge thank you and a big hug to my blogger friends Carol, Valita, Carla, Linda, Anne, Emily, Heaney, Zlatina, Lisa, Neha, Helen, Diane, Duendes, Dorcas, Rhonda, Paola, Kimberly, Jill, Megha, Maggie and Jamie for taking the time to respond to the questionnaire!

Questionnaire Response to Question #2

What Motivates/Inspires You To Create?

Anytime I have available I want to play with all my tools and supplies.

Looking at other people’s creations and everyday objects.

I love sketches and challenges. I love cardmaking and I have a lot of supplies that have been sitting in my desk for ages that I need to use! I hate purchasing cards from shops, I think it’s much nicer to create something for people.

Everything inspires me, sometimes it’s something that I see or hear that gives me an idea. But sometimes I go to create and I don’t know what to make and then my hands create something by themselves.

OK – how long do you have for me to answer this one lol! My surroundings and the changing seasons, other people’s work and blogs, themes, challenges, the need for a card for a reason, sometimes just to try to keep my sanity.

I have always liked paper and glue glitter so it wasn’t a far stretch to get into paper crafting. I enjoy the hobby just for the sheer pleasure I get from it and not necessarily to give.

Beautiful projects by bloggers, manufacturer’s websites, challenges sites.

Making cards calms me and gives me great pleasure.

Seeing lovely things that others have made.

Hmmmm – anything which matches my taste inspires me.

Comments that are left by lovely people like yourself and inspiration from other’s creations.

Many, many other creative crafters who have blogs. I never tire of seeing other’s work.

I have many ideas in mind and a great imagination.

I see crafting as a therapy of sorts. I am a homey type of person. My children are still little and we don’t get out too much, but crafting makes me happy. To see something made out of nothing is so much fun. I love to blog hop and get inspired by others and try to recreate stuff that they’ve done.

Everything, holidays, my kids, birthdays, DT responsibilities, trying new things.

I love to be busy. I come from a family of hobbyists, is there such a word, so it was inevitable that I should have a hobby. I started out as a scrapbooker and was teaching for quite awhile as I had a shop, then it developed into this passion for all things paper related. I am inspired by the everyday things in life, color as you walk down a street on a summer/autumn day. Where I live in Africa we have such a vast canvas for inspiration, so every day just taking in the wonders of creation I guess inspire me.

Looking through blogs online, or when I have a card order, or a friend/family member’s occasion.

Other people’s creations and special occasions (birthday, Christmas, baby, wedding).

Everything that I see around me.

I love playing with crafty things of all kinds. I also enjoy creating something special for others.

Usually something I’ve seen on someone else’s blog, Splitcoaststampers or Stampin’ Connections.

Tomorrow I share the responses to Do You Enter Challenges?

I am happy that you stopped by today! Wishing you a happy one!

Barbara Diane

3 comments:

Linda said...

Thanks for share the answers, I like to read what others has answer.
hugs Linda

Rhonda Miller said...

What great ways to find inspiration. Thanks for sharing the answers.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I think your list of responses pretty much covers it all. I think different things inspire different people at different times.

I find lots of ideas jump out at me when I'm cleaning up my craft pile and going through things. I sometimes wonder if I'm really trying to tell myself to quit cleaning and start playing!