My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Friday, December 16, 2011

For Troy and Lou

Hello!

I made this large poster-card for my middle son Troy and my daughter-in-law Lou who live in NH - such a long way from WI. They both love and collect Disney so when I saw Sassy Cheryl's image "Boy and Pull Toy" I thought of them right away. I love this image - the funny sticking up in front hair looks just like Troy's did when he was a little boy and the mouse of course made it a given that I would have to have this image for my own. Troy is now grown and has children of his own - and grandchildren! I am soon to have my third great-grandchild - doesn't seem possible to me! But the memory of the little boy he was makes me smile.

I combined this image with Mo Manning's "Tree Decorated" to create a scene for this Christmas poster-card. The photos don't show the glitter on the tree - I guess it was too dark when I took the photos. Too many late nights working to finish my cards and still so many yet to make! I hope they like this one when it arrives at their house.


You can see Cheryl's image at http://sassycheryls.blogspot.com/ and Mo's are to be found at http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/ So many wonderful images to chose from!

Thanks for stopping by today! Wishing you good memories of your own!

Barbara Diane

No comments: