My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Monday, October 10, 2011

Blog Hop Fund Raiser For Katie

Hello and Happy Monday!

There is a fund raiser blog hop for Katie Renz happening now!

I have written of Katie many times, but for those of you who are not familiar with Katie's story, she was diagnosed with inoperable stomach cancer shortly before Christmas last year. With no warning but stomach pain, she was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer. From Katie's first post after the diagnosis:

"Life has thrown me the hardest, sharpest, quickest curve ball that I could have ever possibly foreseen. It has been exactly 7 whole days since I was told that I had a cancerous ulcer in my stomach. Lots of tests followed with lots of Doctors to visit and the end result is quite grim - Stage 4 Gastric Cancer."

Her fight over this past year has touched the hearts of bloggers everywhere. Katie has been fighting the fight with bravery, a positive mind set and a willingness to do whatever is asked of her. But she is having a difficult time now and can use our help.

You can find the details of the blog hop on Beate's blog http://beate.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/ along with Beate's own beautiful creation. This is where I first saw it this morning. There are SO MANY wonderful bloggers taking part in this blog hop - you won't believe how many - you need to check them out!

If you would like to make a donation, go to Information Central at http://www.iheartpapers.com/content.php?content_id=1019 Of all donations 100% of the profits go to Katie’s fund to help her and her family - her husband Kevin and her three young boys. Katie's blog is My Paper Haven and you can read her posts and follow her journey here: http://katiespaperhaven.blogspot.com/ Katie also loves cards and you can send her some love and prayers in one at this address:

Katie Renz
PO Box 5913
Bellingham, WA 98227-5913

Thanking you in advance for helping Katie. She is in my prayers every day.

Barbara Diane

No comments: