My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Card From Katie

Hello!

What a wonderful surprise in the mail! I received this beautiful card from Katie - and the hand written message inside warmed my heart. It was so unexpected and the highlight of my week! Thank you Katie - I am blessed to have met you!

Those of you who follow my blog know that Katie is the brave young woman, wife and mother of three small boys who is fighting Stage 4 Gastric Cancer - of which she was diagnosed shortly before Christmas 2011. I first wrote about Katie during the first of two fundraisers to help this sweet family. She is one of the bravest people I know and a fighter and she recently started to create again, but the constant side effects of the chemo treatments are severe and she suffers. Please do send a card to Katie to let her know that she is not alone. The address is Katie Renz, PO Box 5913, Bellingham, WA 98227-5913. You can see a photo of Katie and her beautiful smile on the right side of my blog and if you would like to see her lovely creations, you can visit her at http://katiespaperhaven.blogspot.com/



This is a photo taken of Katie's beautiful family during a camping trip in July 2010. I keep them all in my prayers every day.


Thank you for stopping by today!


Wishing you a happy day.


Barbara Diane

4 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

What a nice surprise and a lovely card. I'm off to visit her blog.

Ann said...

What a sweet surprise that was.

Duendes said...

Hi Friend,

Just dropping by to wish you a wonderful Friday, and a very Happy Weekend.

Hugs

Nannieflash said...

What a gorgeous surprise for you, but youve done so much to help her and I think you so deserve it. with hugs Shirleyxxxxx