My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Monday, January 31, 2011

Cards For Katie Week

Hello!

Another card for Katie - using the digital image from Lori Designs that is included in the package that you will receive in return for a donation to the Help Katie fund. So many beautiful images donated by these wonderful artists - a gift to you in thanks for helping this lovely young mother of three little boys as she battles Stage 4 stomach cancer.

You can click on the "Help Katie" poster that shows you all of the digital stamps you will receive - on the right side of my blog - to take you to Jak's blog for details of how you can make a donation or you can find them here at http://www.jakheath.com/

Katie is currently undergoing chemo and has just finished her third treatment. You can read Katie's story on her blog http://katiespaperhaven.blogspot.com/ This incredibly brave woman and her family needs your help and the many wonderful images that you receive as a thank you gift are awesome!



Thanks for stopping by today!

Huge winter storm coming our way here in this part of WI. Evidently the storm front is so big that it will affect many states in additon to WI with either a blizzard, ice or even tornados. We are to have 3-5" of snow today and 11-15" by Wednesday. Winter storm warnings, blizzard conditions. I went out this morning to get some groceries I will need and a stop to the pharmacy before it gets too bad for me to drive. I cancelled an appointment for Tuesday as I don't even think we will be able to get out of our parking lot by then.

You all take care wherever you are! Tomorrow a project for Katie.

Barbara Diane

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the colors, and the way you kept the focus on the image :)

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. I love that image and the sentiment is perfect.
We got snow last night, but I don't think it will last. I hope your storm isn't too bad.

Zwergenwelt said...

Dear Barbara,
Here I am again on your blog and admire your cute cards, also for Valentine!
Great work!!!
It is not amusing that blizzards are coming - so I hope you´ll stay at home, in warm and comfort home, waiting the snow inferno is over.

Please excuse my bad english!;o)))

I send you best wishes, with a hug, cornelia

Jak Heath said...

such a sweet card, thank you for supporting Help for Katie.

Ann said...

That is an adorable card.
Sounds like a pretty bad storm. We have warnings up here too. Hopefully it won't end up being as bad as it's supposed to be.

Linny said...

I have just found you through Jak Heaths blog.
What can I say about your beautiful dolls and animals? Truly Amazing. A talented lady. Thats not enough though to get across how utterly wondeful your creations are. thank you for sharing. Linda

Mrs A. said...

Hi Barbara,
Glad your brother got his goodies okay. That sounds like some storm coming in your way. Stay safe.
Hugs Mrs A.

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous, adorable card Barbara.
Hope the storm isn't as bad as they say but if it is stay safe.
luv
Debby