My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Spooky House and a Christmas Tree Owl Arrives

If you come my way via Ellen's blog today - welcome! Thank you Ellen! :<)

Hello!

I wanted to make a spooky Halloween house and this was great fun to make! Reminds me of a quilt square pattern. :<)

I knew that sooner or later a little owl would appear for trick 'n treating in Owl Forest dressed in a Christmas costume and here one is - all dressed up as a small Christmas tree decorated with gold stars and red balls. He's so cute with the unusual combination of his Christmas costume and his Halloween treat bag. :<)

I am adding to the sides of the poster tomorrow as my little owls will soon fill the current space, and there is a long time yet until Owl-O-Ween Eve! (At least one new one per weekday!)

Aren't they sweet! I just love designing these costumes for the little owls!

Thanks for stopping by today!

It is getting colder in this part of WI - especially after the sun goes down! I think we will have an end to our sunny and warm Indian Summer in the near future. It has been lovely while it lasted!

Barbara Diane

6 comments:

Hardin County Keepsakes said...

Hello,I love the little house.
I have not gotten into making cards or stamps.I already have to much stuff!!
Glad you stop by on my blog.At least I know one person looks at it.
judy j
http://hardincountykeepsakes.blogspot.com/

Rhonda Miller said...

I just love your card. The house looks great. I just love your owl dressed as a Christmas tree. Soo cute.

Stephanie Harbin said...

These are so adorable!! I love the hula dancer the best! Thanks so much for showing.

Unknown said...

I love your card, and you just gave me an idea! I am going to make a quilt looking wall decoration for Halloween :) I need to use up some square papers.

Kathy Czygan said...

Your little house is very cute Barbara! This little Christmas tree owl is adorable! You have placed him in the perfect spot on your happy poster! Love it!
Same here in Michigan. It was cold and rainy yesterday. Today was very pretty,but quite cool. It's supposed to warm up a little for the weekend. Gotta be thankful for the beautiful days before the harsh winter.
Have a restful evening!
Hugs
Kathy

Angela E said...

You are soooo super talented. Thank you for sharing your wall art with the rest of us - it is absolutely adorable!!!!!