My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Monday, October 11, 2010

Halloween Wall Hanging Tutorial and A Little Bee Owl Arrives In Owl Forest

Hello!

Today I have the tutorial for the Halloween wall hanging. It's a bit time consuming and it has one step that can make you crazy :<) but it is fun to make, and the finished project is wonderful!

Start with three pieces of CS cut at 3" x 12" and scored every 1/2". Do not fold on the score lines yet at this point. Stamp an image along the edge of each piece. The stamp I used is one from a set by SU called "The More The Merrier."

I made two versions - one just stamped in black . . . .

and one colored in with markers.

Fold on the score lines in an accordian fold - starting with the end piece stamped side facing you.


Then glue the three pieces together - end to end to form a circle. Use a strong adhesive. I use the two-sided paper tape.


This is the part that gets a bit tricky - but you can do it! :<) Lay this piece down on a flat surface with the stamped side up and flatten into a circle.

Press together towards the center until a very small hole is in the center of the circle. Apply hot glue around this center and hold until the glue has hardened and the circle stays together.

To finish the wall hanging I glued onto this center a circle that had been stamped with the same image as on the edges. Attach a ribbon hanger and you are good to go! I used one bow on the first one and two on this one.

Have fun making one - I hope that you enjoy!

And now we have the latest addition to the Owl Forest - a little bee owl has joined her friends, ready to trick 'n treat with her little pumpking bag!

This is the poster now. I apologize for the poor quality photo but the lighting in the hallway is terrible for taking photos!

I added a small sign to the card above the poster - "Hear No Evil - See No Evil - Speak No Evil"

And also this one over the poster.

So here they all are so far - the ghost, the mummy, the hula owl, the pumpkin owl, the Dracula owl and now the bee owl.

I made 8 more over the weekend and they all just keep getting more detailed - I am having so much fun! But if I am to add one each week day until Halloween, I think I need to add to my poster! :<)

Thanks for stopping by today!

Wishing you a great Monday! We continue to have fantastic Indian Summer weather here in this part of Wisconsin - yesterday was sunshine and in the 80's! I love it!

Barbara Diane

5 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Thanks for sharing the tutorial. I just might have to try one of these. That bumble bee owl is the cutest. TFS.

Kathy Czygan said...

Way Cute is that little Bee Owl! I do hope they all fit on your poster, but you may have to add a little scenery to make them all fit! This is just so very cute! Thanks for the tutorial on the halloween wall/door hanging. It's very cute and would be a fun project to share with the grandchildren! Have a lovely, creative week!

PAKY said...

Is a great tutorial, thank you very much for sharing us! the postal is so beautiful, I like it! greetings

LINDA said...

These are both just so awesome.. Thanks for sharing the tutarial.. So cool!!
Hugs, Linda

Carol Hurlock said...

What a pretty decoration for Halloween, I really love that pretty pumpkin stamp. The "Bee" Owl is so sweet.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}