My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Monday, August 23, 2010

A Most Beautiful Gift

Hello!

I received a package this weekend from my friend Helen and on opening it I could not believe my eyes at the beautiful gifts inside! A gorgeous card with a matchbox and purse set - all in beautiful soft colors and a sparkling black!



I opened the purse first, and inside was another match box and inside this box was an exquisite quilled flower necklace! Helen's quilling has always been an inspiration to me and to see her work in person, well these photos do not begin to show the loveliness of the quilled flower! And the purse itself is so beautiful - with a black satin ribbon, a beautiful flower and that fantastic black sparkling card stock!

When I opened the matchbox, inside that was a matching set of quilled flower earrings! The matchbox is lovely-with another of the beautiful flowers that Helen also made!


Click on the photo to enlarge it and see the lovely quilling work showcased against the pretty sparkling black cardstock inserts!

The card has more of Helen's quilling in the dainty rosebuds and also has three of the beautiful roses she makes! Combined with the embossing - perfection! Helen remembered my favorite colors and this card is so beautiful that I want to frame it!



I am blessed with good friends! Thank you again Helen! I love my gift! You can see all of Helen's cards and projects on her blog "Lets Create" at http://helenmade.blogspot.com/

It's going to be a Happy Day here today! I will post photos tomorrow! :<)

Wishing you a good Monday!

Barbara Diane

8 comments:

SympleTymes Cloth Art By Sherrie Nordgren said...

WOW Barbara you sure are blessed!
Your gifts from Helen are just gorgeous! You to my friend are blessed with awesome talent!!
Hugs Sherrie

Gaby said...

Hi Barbara,

what a beautiful gift. But your are such a lovely person, you sure deserve it.

Have a great week.

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, these are gorgeous. I love the necklace and earings. What a beautiful card. TFS.

Love crafts forever said...

Beautiful gift, for amazing people.
Hugs, Nataliya.

Creations by Patti said...

Saw this and saw: WOW.that Helen is sure talented........she does the whole "package"...card, gift, and presentation!!!!! Wow!!!!

TFS.....and have a great week........

my best
Patti

Cami said...

Oh Barbara, this is such a lovely gift set with that beautifully quilled necklace and earring set specially made for a very special gal. You deserve this and I know you'll enjoy this gift from Helen! Hugs, Cami

Carol Hurlock said...

Oh WOW Barbara-Lucky you!!! What a beautiful gift and so thoughtful. Enjoy it!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

MAPY said...

Superbe, j'aime beaucoup la carte verte et rose.
MAPY