My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Origami Butterfly - Tutorial Tomorrow!

Hello!

Sometimes one gets sidetracked from one project being created to another - with the first one being set aside while the new one takes its place! :<) I was happily working on some small Easter baskets - with the main purpose being to create a project to use up some of the scrap paper that we so easily accumulate - and I came across this wonderfu piece of SU paper with a border. Now, I don't scrapbook, so many of the papers that have large images or borders I don't find much use for. But this border was striking in color and design and I thought, 'wouldn't this corner make a beautiful butterfly wing?' And the Easter baskets were set aside. Not forgotten, just set aside! You will see them on Monday! :<)

I wanted to use the corners of the paper, which would give me two sides of border to work with - so I started to look through my notebooks to see what I could find. I keep my samples and tutorials, etc. in sleeves and file them in 3-ring binders. I will NEVER have enough years to make all that I have collected - I know - but I love looking at it all and it enables me to find many things that I want to make without having to spend hours on the computer searching for where I might have seen something. (Not that I don't spend hours on the computer finding new projects to put in my binders!)

Finally, I came across my folded paper samples of an origami butterfly that I had made while watching a tutorial video and I thought it was perfect! I do not know where I saw the video but will post it if I can find it again. Until then, here is my butterfly and I will post my tutorial that I made on my blog tomorrow. So, hope to see you then! :<)


Thanks for stopping by today!

Would you believe, thunderstorms are forecast for us today in WI - that must mean Spring is really on the way! I know that we can still have a snowstorm or two, but I see that tornado weather has started in other parts of the country and that is also part of Spring in WI. Plus we set our clocks ahead on Sunday - I hope that I don't forget! :<)

Wishing you a good day today!

Barbara Diane

4 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

wow, what a great card. I can't wait for the tut tomorrow.

Helen said...

It's a beautiful butterfly! Looking forward to the tutorial.

Gaby said...

Oh yes, you will definitely see me again tomorrow (not that I wouldn't stop by once a day anyways ;-) ), because I just fell in love with that butterfly.
I love butterflies.

Kylie said...

I often get side tracked too so I completely understand ;)
This butterfly is gorgeous esp all blinged up. Can't wait to see your easter baskets.

Kylie xo