My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hearts Pop-Up Card

Hello!

I saw this wonderful pop-up of hearts card and pattern on http://extremecards.blogspot.com/ called a 'Pile of Hearts' and thought it would be fun to make a pop-up card that was not from a die cut, but one I cut out from a design. It wasn't as easy as it looked and although the first one I made (a Valentine) didn't close perfectly, I was happy with the results.

But it kept bothering me as to why it didn't line up properly when closed and that made me determined to get it exactly right, so I then made this second one and all went well. I also wanted to decorate this one in more detail, maybe as a wedding card, but because it is a large card - one piece of 8 1/2" x 11" CS folded in half - it took much longer than I thought it would.

So finally, after many hours, here it is - a pop-up card I made without a die cut. :<) I hope you like it. Thank you CPEEP for the great card idea - it was a challenge!


On the inside of the card, I used pink Stickles to outline the pop-up hearts and also the cutout on the base of the card (click on the photo for a larger view to see detail.) All of the small hearts were made using the SU 3-heart punch.



Thanks for stopping by today!

It is sunshine again today here in WI and one can finally believe that Spring is on the way!

Barbara Diane

7 comments:

helen said...

I love the inside pop up! I had been wanted to try this kind of card but like you've said it very time consuming; therefore, I never try it, but now that I've seen your card I might just give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, what a great card. You always have such fun ideas. TFS.

LINDA said...

Fantastic card!!! Love the pop up.. Very lovely!!!
Hugs, Linda

Zebiline said...

Your Pop-Up Card is so sweet!! A very cute idea. I love it
Lovely Greetings --(¯`v´¯)-»
Gaby
♥ click on the second word of my story (hier), there is the link to the Tutorial for the Origami Box

Gaby said...

What a gorgeous card. It does look like a lot of work, but it was worth it.

Carol P said...

Mine didn't close right either! :) It really does work better to cut the top (white) layer apart at the center fold and leave a little gap between them.

Carol
Extreme Cards and Papercrafting

Jackie Thomas said...

Oh wow, what a fantastic card Barbara. Love it. xo Jackie