My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Small Favor For A Small Boy Could Help Him Reach A Large Goal!

Hello!

Every morning I check the blogs of my followers - first thing before I check the others on my favorites list - to see what they are creating :<) I am so happy to know that someone follows my blog and I want to return that kindness and look at their cards and projects.

On Rhonda's Place to Share http://bluepoohbear753.blogspot.com/ I saw mention of this little boy and clicked on the link to find the details. The link took me to Joanie's Cards Made By Hand and the story of a little boy who's grandmother is asking kind people to send him post cards to help reach a large goal. You can see this post at http://joaniscardsmadebyhand.blogspot.com/

Evan Rupp is autistic and has been mainstreamed into a regular first grade class. He is trying to fit in and be accepted - no easy thing to do when you are "different" from the other children. I have many years of watching my oldest son Jim trying to do just that thoughout his childhood and so I have a soft spot for any and all of these children, who have no easy time in life.

It seems that there is a contest being held in Evan's classroom to see how many cards from different states and countries that the children can put on a map and the one who brings the most post cards/ cards to put on the map will win the contest.

We all make cards almost every day to post on our blogs - sometimes I feel to ask my fellow bloggers "What do you do with all your cards?" I give some away, I sell some, I keep some for samples - but I do always have many extras in a box. Maybe you do too. :<)

Would you share one of your cards to help this young boy to join in with his fellow classmates and maybe win this contest? So many of you are already making such wonderful Valentines - can't you just imagine the smile on Evan's face to recieve lots of these from many far away places? :<) If you have friends or family in other states or countries that you think might be willing to also send a card to Evan, please pass this information on.

Send your post cards/cards to Evan Rupp c/o Mrs. Parvizi First Grade, Frederick Douglas Elementary School, 100 Cedarmeade Ave, Winchester, VA 22601. Mention on the cards that you are a friend of his Grandma Froggy. :<)

Thanking you in advance for helping this little boy with his contest! I am sending a card out to Evan tomorrow! :<)

Barbara Diane

6 comments:

Joani McDonald said...

Oh Barbara Diane ~ thank you so much for posting this on your blog. It's very kind of you. I hope that everyone that it reaches can find it in their hearts to send a card.
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Joani

Rhonda Miller said...

Barbara, thank you so much for posting this. I just love card makers and their BIG hearts. We all just love to share and help each other.

helen said...

Hi Barbara,
Thank you so much for doing this. I only make cards when I needed them and this is definitely a great reason to make the card. Do you think I can post this contest on my blog?

Carol Hurlock said...

Barbara-I will send one out today to Evan. Thanks for posting this!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}

Linners said...

My card will go out Monday, Jan. 25.

Debbie M-R said...

On top of being so very creative, you are so very kind. I will mail a card to him and pass on the information to my card making friends.

Thanks..... for being you!