My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Eighty - That's 80 - Butterflies!

Hello!

I love butterflies! Many of my stamp sets have butterflies and it is a guarantee that I will want(purchase) a set if it has them! :<} The SU set Flight of the Butterflies is one of my favorites and it includes an outline butterfly and a dotted filler stamp for the butterfly.

Some time ago, I found myself in a stamping butterfly marathon using these two stamps. I had seen a magazine cover on the Internet that was like a cloudburst of multi-colored butterflies swirling up into the sky and I was immediately captured by the beauty of all that color and wanted to create that image in a card.

So I set about to make my own butterflies to use for this card. Little did I know when I began that it would turn into another of my marathons and occupy days - with the end result being 80 competed and glittering butterflies! Eighty butterflies - 40 of the outline butterfly and 40 of the outline butterfly filled with dots - all waiting to be created into "a card".

You understand how this can happen, right? Well, maybe not.

The beginning. I chose the colored cardstock to make the rainbow colors I wanted and started to stamp some outline butterflies and some with the dot filler.

Added some glue and glitter. First the outline butterflies . . . . . .



and then the dotted butterflies.



Stack them all neatly in rows of color so I can see just what I have. Wow! That's quite a few butterflies, now that I look at them all lined up like that!


I thought I better put them on "a card" to see how they looked together. (As you can see I also made the small butterflies from this set but they were later discarded.)


Wow! (again) I guess there are too many butterlies for "a card" (no kidding!) How many do I have anyway? Eighty - I have 80 butterflies! Wow!

The end result. It took four 'holding' cards - 20 on a card - to hold all the butterflies until I could decide what to do with them.






And here they still sit today - on my bulletin board. Four 'holding' cards that have been 'holding' my 80 butterflies for months now. I guess the time has come to create some cards. I have no idea what these will look like, but stay tuned as they say! :<}



Thank you for stopping by today! I hope that you have a good one!

Barbara Diane

No comments: