My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Rose Card For A Friend


My friend Patti over at http://www.creationsbypatti.blogspot.com/ has been so kind to me since the first day I 'met' her through her blog and e-mail that I wanted to send her a special little thank-you card. She is a most creative and talented artist and has the most wonderful blog! Patti is so generous with her tutorials and patterns that it is wonderful to visit her there! DO check it out! :<}

I wanted to make her card colorful and happy. I love the look of water color pencils blended on colored card stock so I decided that's the card I would send. The SU stamp set Fifth Avenue Floral is perfect to show this technique. I saw this lovely card design on another blog but I apologize for not knowing where at this moment. I will post it as soon as I remember or find it again so the person gets credit and also so you can visit her blog! :<}

I used the beautiful rose and small flower stamps from the Fifth Avenue Floral set and embossed the stamps onto colored card stock using SU white Craft ink and clear embossing powder. Then I colored in the sections using the SU watercolor pencils and blended them with a blender pen, adding color when needed and lifting it off when it was too dark.

I cut out the small flowers as singles and for the rose I cut a different section from 3 separate stamped roses to be able to layer them to create the one rose for the finished card. As you can see from the photos below, I always make more than I need so I can choose the best blended colors. :<} The uncut flowers on the right in the one photo show the pencil on the card stock before it is blended - the cut flowers are blended,

I used SU Not Quite Navy Classic ink to stamp the rose on the base layer of SU Whisper White.The layer over that and under the large rose is cut from SU Holiday Treasure DP (retired) and cut in a curved "moon like" curve to accomodate the design and let the stamped image on the white show under the layered flowers. I also drew a circle in pencil where I wanted the small pearls to be in the design.

The SU card stock colors I used for the roses were Pixie Pink, Certainly Celery and Barely Bannana. The card stock for the card itself is Tangerine Tango with Barely Bannana under the top strip on the left of the card. The flowers were attached to the card using SU dimensionals. I used SU Snail to layer the card.

I hope you enjoyed this little card and I received an e-mail from Patti that she does. :<} I also included a small Post-It holder in her card, that was created from a tutorial on one of Angie Juda's videos on her blog at http://chicnscratch.typepad.com/. I will post photos of some that I made tomorrow.

But I have my final large project finished so will post some photos of that also!

Wishing you a great night!

Barbara Diane









No comments: