My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Home For a Couple of Days

Hello!

I am home again - I have been dogsitting with my favorite dog Brandy for the past week. It has been lovely to spend time with her! I am only home for a couple of days and then I leave again on Monday to return to take care of her until Wednesday, when I will be driving back home to stay. In the meantime, I am catsitting today and tomorrow with my favorite cat Wrigley. :<}

I have been working all week on some large projects, but those that are finished were made for gifts and I need to wait until they are received before I can post photos. I will be mailing them out on Monday, but I have taken many photos, so I will post as soon as I am notified that they have arrived at their destinations! The unfinished projects I will continue to work on while I am away and hopefully, when I return this trip I will have photos to post, starting Thursday.

Until then, here are a few Thank You cards from a series that I made using the SU Heartfelt Thanks stamp set. This has always been a favorite set of mine and I have used it often in the past. I created this series for a friend and once again was aware of how simply a beautiful card could be created using the stamps from this set and the designer papers.

For this first card, I used the SU Delicate Dots DP (now retired) with both CS and ink in Bashful Blue and Ballet Blue. I used a Scallop Border Punch (not SU) and the SU Square Punch and hand cut the squares bordering those. I used tiny white pearls for the flower centers. The "Thankyou" is from the SU Wonderful Words stamp set.

For the second card using the SU Heartfelt Thanks stamp set, the "Thanks so Much" is from the SU Sincere Salutaions stamp set. I also used the SU Delicate Dots DP, Whisper White CS and Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip, Celery and Old Olive ink. I drew the doodle dots with a white gel pen and used creme colored pearls for the flower centers.


That's all for tonight, too tired to see - more cards from the series tomorrow and Monday. Thank you for looking at my blog! Wishing you well.

Barbara Diane

No comments: