My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I Missed Monday! A Sneak Peak at the Wedding Project.



















I was so busy working on the wedding project of a pop-up card and Magic Box with a pop-up card inside that I forgot to post yesterday! I worked on it all weekend and yesterday and it is now finished except for detail touches. I am posting a sneak peak photo of the box.

Because my friend Michelle, the person who ordered the card, did not know that I was making the Magic Box also - I ran out of the specialty card stock, having been given only one 12" x 12" piece. I went back to the store to get more and wouldn't you know, the girl who is getting married this weekend had purchased all of that card stock to use in making her invitations, etc. Yikes! So I had to improvise and use some of my SU paper in the design. But I used that one piece of original specialty paper down to the very last snippet. I am posting a photo of what is left of that paper! (And I still may use the snippets!)

Michelle came to see the card last night and the Magic Box was a big surprise. She was very happy! It makes one feel very good when what is made for someone brings joy to their face when they see it. :<} Michelle is going to try to find me another piece of the specialty paper as I would like to make some detail finished using that paper. Hopefully . . . I am going to make one more accessory piece to go with the card and box I think, we shall see how it turns out today. Wishing you a good one! Thank you for stopping by!

Barbara Diane

1 comment:

Creations by Patti said...

Barbara, your cake boxes are so great. Keep up the good work. They are absolutely fabulous and don't forget to post them in Split Coast, too. Patti