My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Days Work - Another Pop Up Cake!

Front of the Birthday Cake

Side of the Birthday Cake

Back of the Birthday Cake

Top of the Birthday Cake

A few days ago I posted photos of a Magic Box I had just made - my first pop up cake using the Sizzix die from Stampin' Up. Today I have my second completed cake for show 'n tell. :<}

I worked all day and evening yesterday to create this little cake and the card it sits on, and they are certainly a labor of love to create as the process is very labor intensive. I used two of the prints from SU's Sweet Always designer paper series for the sides of the cake and on the inside of the card. I do not normally use these colors but it was fun to plan how to showcase the colors in the papers and I was delighted with the results. It was great fun to make this cake!

Late in the evening, before going to bed, I went back into my studio area to check out the cake one last time and wondered to myself how an all white cake would look and the next thing I saw when I thought to look at the clock to see the time, it was 1:30 am and I had a white wedding cake completed! I still have to finish the card detail and the accessories, but I will post it tomorrow.

Thank you for stopping by!

No comments: